We’re working hard to put together a set of resources that will keep you in the know. We’ll feature everything from the legislative information you need to know, links to professional websites and important dates to note in your calendar.
We welcome your suggestions, too. Let us know what you’d like to share or see, and we’ll get onto it…
iFolio has been designed to help nurses and midwives to maintain a professional portfolio and to continue professional development in order to retain their nursing registration. It can be used to satisfy an audit and maintain evidence of necessary training, experience and learning. Its features include:
- Quizzes and clinical updates
- Video tutorials
- CV management
- Achievement certificate management
- Storage of files required for audit
- Ability to prepare and submit iFolio for audit
For quick CPD points check out hand hygiene & blood safe education
Professional sites – National
- APHRA The organisation responsible for the implementation of the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme across Australia. Features comprehensive information on accreditation, continuing professional development and legislation.
- ACORN The Australian College of Operating Room Nurses – promoting excellence in perioperative nursing care. Latest accrediation and standards information
- Australian College of Critical Care Nurses Respresents over 2,400 critical care nurses in Australia. Information covering standards, clinical practice education and grants and prizes, and relevant resources
- Australian Nursing Federation provides professional and industrial leadership for the nursing industry and health sector
Professional sites: SA
- SAPNA South Australia Perioperative Nurses Association. Holds conferences, education sessions and also features specialty interest group meetings for nurses in Anaethesia, Recover and Theatre.
Professional sites – NSW
NSW Nurses’ Association The registered union for all nurses in New South Wales. Features news, dates for your diary, in-depth coverage of nursing issues and more.
- Nursepoint News, views, and educational resources. Topics covered include Perioperative Nursing, Indigenous Health, Emergency and Trauma care and Nurse practitioner.
- Nursing Review Breaking news, features on clinical and nursing issues
- Medical News Today The latest nursing and midwifery news articles from around the world, published daily.
Different points of view
- Nurse in Australia Unaffiliated blog, focused on how to get started nursing in Australia, in addition to commentary on nursing current affairs and useful links and resources.
- Nurse Uncut A platform for nurses in Australia to share stories, experiences and opinions, supported by the NSWNA.
- Croakey The Crikey health blog – A forum for debate and discussion about health issues and policy.
- Thinkbirth Midwife and academic Caroline Hastie explores birth, science and midwifery.
- Red Dirt Nurse Musings on anything and everything from a (male) RN in WA’s Pilbara region.
Getting around -NSW
- NSW Transport Info How to get from A to B in NSW, using public transport. Features a trip planner, maps and service change announcements.
Getting around – SA
SA Transport info
Bus, train and tram routes and timetables, plus country bus service information.
- Google Maps The place to go for directions from anywhere, to anywhere!
- Willy Weather Weather forecast information for over 15000 Australian locations.